The Style Gallery is a great way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s a showcase for all of the expressive, creative, and inspiring personalities in our community. This is the place to come for all kinds of #OOTD inspo!
How do I upload a photo?
If you’re on a computer, click the “Outfit Photos” link at the top of your page. On our app, navigate to the “Outfit Photos” section in the left menu. If you’re on our mobile site, click on the “Add Your Photo” banner at the bottom of the Outfit Photos page. Then, select the camera button, and follow the steps shown. You’ll need to be logged into your ModCloth account.
How will I know when my photo is up?
Once your photo is approved, you’ll receive an email letting you know that it’s live on the site.
Who can upload to the Style Gallery?
Anybody. We ask that the person(s) depicted in photos must be at least 18 years of age or have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
I know this is called the “Style” Gallery, but can I upload photos that aren’t specifically of an outfit?
Yes! Because we want to show all kinds of inspiration, we accept and include images that feature home/apartment items, too.
Can I add multiple photos at a time?
Yes, of course! We ask that you don’t upload more than 10 photos at a time, just so there’s a variety of photos and people shown at any given time. For that reason, it could take up to a week to get all of your photos approved.
Can I change my display name?
Yes. Reach out to email@example.com with the email address you use for your account and the name that you would like to appear in Style Gallery. Your name will change immediately on your personal collection page, but can take up to 24 hours to reflect on each individual photo.
Do I have to be wearing ModCloth clothing?
Nope! While we would love to see you in your ModCloth best, feel free to upload outfit photos even if they’re not ModCloth products. It’s all about inspiration, after all.
The products listed with my picture are not what I’m wearing. That’s confusing!
The Style Gallery is meant to inspire our entire community with your fabulous looks, so we try to replicate your outfit the best we can (even if it’s not a ModCloth product). The product images next to your photo are suggestions on how we would put together a similar outfit.
Is there a certain size my pictures must be?
Photos must be at least 462 pixels wide.
Can I upload selfies?
Selfies don’t do a great job of showing off a complete look. Head-to-toe shots work best because they show us the outstanding outfits you put together. If you'd like to include a pic of shoes or accessories only, why not write a product review for that item and share it there?
I just had some professional photos taken! Can I upload those?
We love seeing your wonderful professional photos, but please get written consent from your photographer before uploading any photos with their watermark, and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I love my outfit, but have no one to take my photo! What should I do?
Sometimes it can be difficult to shoot a head-to-toe look, so our ModStylists made a little video to give you tips and tricks for taking the perfect outfit photo.
I just got an email that my photo was denied! What gives?
There are a few situations where we will not approve certain photos. These are:
- Any long distance, crowd, or overly dark or blurry photos.
- Photos featuring subjects wearing only undergarments may be disapproved.
- Multiple photos of the same look.
- Photos containing inappropriate or objectionable material will not be approved. This may consist of (but is not limited to):
- Photos containing nudity, obscene, sexist, or racist material
- Photos depicting drug use, drug paraphernalia, smoking or tobacco use, excessive drunken behavior, or weaponry of any kind
- Photos containing logos or visible branding of other companies
- Photos depicting behavior such as blatant promotions, proselytizing, or campaigning
- Copywritten images of which the rights are not owned by the submitting party
- Excessively altered or Photoshopped images
- Photos of ModCloth products whose appearance have been dramatically altered (ex. torn, shredded, excessively wrinkled)
I noticed you feature some Style Gallery photos on social media and on the ModCloth site. How does that work?